Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

A Shout-Out to Moms ♥

A miracle is really the only way to describe motherhood and giving birth. It's unbelievable how God has made us women and babies to endure and be able to do so much. A miracle, indeed. Such an incredible blessing. ~Jennie Finch
For this post, I decided to interview some of my friends and roommates and ask them what they admire about their mothers, as well as what their mothers have taught them. These are some of their responses!

Carly-I admire my mother because she works hard and is willing to serve anyone and everyone. She taught me skills that I can use in my future home, such as cooking, sewing, and cleaning. Basically everything I know, I have learned from my mother.
 Erin-I definitely admire my mom for her hard work. She is constantly go go go and is the most selfless person I've ever met. And she's taught me to love myself and never forget who I truly am.
Taylor-Well one, my mom is super smart. She has her masters and has always worked hard. I admire her for going and getting a degree even though she had kids. And she taught me to work hard, because nothing comes without a solid effort. 
Marleis-I love that my mother was always there to support me. When I was in sports, she was there cheering me on. She was always there for me in band. My mother has taught me to be a good supporter of my friends and family. She has also taught me to always be kind and generous. 
Cheralyn-My mom has always been smart, strong and outgoing. I really admire those qualities about her. Also she has always put her family first and been fiercely loyal to us. She taught me that being a mother isn't about raising your kids only until they're adults and move away, she is still always there for me to help and guide me with anything. I learned from her example that no matter what, you never give up on your kids. 
Now I want to talk about my mom. Since I was little, she always focused on teaching me. Thanks to her (and my sister), I learned to read at an early age. I remember her always reading books with me. That is one of my favorite memories with my mom growing up. She has taught me how to love unconditionally. I admire the fact that she always has put her family's needs before her own. She is the definition of selfless. My mom also works so hard. She has a full-time job, and still manages to get meals on the table, fulfill her church calling, and help manage the household. To me, she is a superhero!



Finally, I found this amazing video called, "Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God." In it, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland shares an encouraging tribute to mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment