Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Repentance and Forgiveness

This is probably one of the hardest topics I've had to write about it. Repentance and forgiveness have been a big part of my life. Like everyone, I'm not perfect. I've had a lot of hard times and trials that I have had to overcome, or am still working to overcome. 



Specifically, I have been working on this one thing for months now. I've had slip ups and continue to work to overcome this one certain challenge. I keep working to resist temptation. Repentance

We all sin. We all need to repent. Sometimes we sin because of ignorance, sometimes because of our weaknesses, and sometimes because of willful disobedience. In my case, sinning has been because of weakness. My favorite scripture for a long time has been Ether 12:27.
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

In a Primary lesson on Repentance, there are four steps listed of how to repent:

1) Feel sorry for what you have done
2) Ask for forgiveness (from your Heavenly Father and/or the person affected)
3) Right the wrong
4) Don't repeat the wrong.

About the Atonement, Bruce R. McConkie said,

“… There was no man ever born into this world that could have stood under the weight of the load that was upon the Son of God, when he was carrying my sins and yours and making it possible that we might escape from our sins”
Something that goes along with repentance is forgiveness. I think that forgiveness can be best shown by this Mormon Message. This is one of my favorite Mormon Messages. This car accident took place in Utah while I was visiting there. I remember seeing this on the news and hearing about it everywhere. 


I have learned, through my temptations and trials, that no one is perfect. EVERYONE sins and EVERYONE makes mistakes. We are so lucky, though, to have an amazing elder brother, Jesus Christ, who bore all of our burdens. He felt all of our pain, he atoned for our sins, so that we could live with our Heavenly Father again.

There is an amazing true story about the atonement that I would strongly encourage that you read. Here is the link: Donuts and the Atonement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment